Prevention Prevention Prevention
We need a good sunscreen all year around. Ingredients to look for in sunscreens (especially for sensitive and dry skin):
- Zinc oxide: physically blocks the sun’s rays to protect skin surface.
- Titanium dioxide: a physical blocker – sitting on skin surface and reflecting the sun’s rays.
- Blue Lizard (Sensitive and Baby formulas)
- Marie Veronique Organics Moisturizing Face Screen, SPF 30
- Colorescience Mineral Powder Sun Protection SPF 30
- EltaMD UV Pure Broad-Spectrum SPF 47
- SkinMedica Daily Physical Defense SPF 30+
Check EWG’s website for more recommendations.
Antioxidants fight free-radicals for your health
Antioxidants block free radicals, which are believed to break down collagen and elastin and leave you more susceptible to skin cancer. There are a lot of choices in the market, such as:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Green tea, coffeeberry
- Paula’s Choice RESIST Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum
- Juice Beauty Antioxidant Serum
- Kinerase Pro + Therapy C8 Peptide Intensive Treatment with Kinetin and Zeatin
- 100% Pure Red Wine Resveratrol Antioxidant Serum
- SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic
The way to look younger. Don’t get behind!
- Alpha-hydroxy acid: Acids (including glycolic and lactic acid) that remove the top layer of dead skin cells and are believed to reduce fine lines and even out skin tone. AHAs encourage new cells to rise to the surface, giving the skin a fresher, healthier, more vibrant look. Also, through routine application, they can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Vitamin A derivatives: such as tretinoin and retinol. Three topical retinoids are available in the United States: tretinoin, adapalene, and tazarotene. Topical isotretinoin is available in Canada and Europe, but it is not approved for use in the United States.
- Alpha Hydrox Intensive Serum 14% Glycolic AHA
- Exuviance Evening Restorative Complex
- REN Resurfacing AHA Concentrate
- SkinMedica 15% AHA/BHA
- Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Peel
- Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Deep Wrinkle Anti-Wrinkle Serum
- Thomas Roth’s Retinol Fusion PM
- SkinMedica Tri-Retinol Complex
- Replenix Retinol Plus Smoothing Serum 5X
- StriVectin-AR Advanced Retinol Night Treatment
Aggressive use of skin-type appropriate moisturizers will only make your skin look healthier
A good basic moisterizer is a must have for both your face and body. Proper hydration of the skin is crucial to prevent wrinkle from dryness. Ingredients such as:
- Fatty acids such as stearic acid, and ceramides
- Niacin: it helps protect skin against the redness and inflammation that often come with retinol use